Mr. BENJAMIN WEY
Mr. Benjamin Wey is a China expert on Wall Street as well as the President of New York Global Group ("NYGG"), a New York and Beijing headquartered investment banking, direct investment, strategic consulting and due diligence advisory firm specializing in China related transactions. Through a large Beijing office with a decade of on the ground presence in China, New York Global Group was named the "Best foreign investment banking firm serving China's middle markets" by the China Securities Daily in August 2006, having created more than US$3 billion in market values for China based small and mid cap companies through global capital markets. Since its initial entry into China in 1998, NYGG staff has advised over 180 China related transactions in the areas of investment banking, project due diligence, research and strategic market entry assistance.
A bilingual Chinese American, Mr. Wey has advised more than 120 public and private institutions worldwide related to capital markets and strategic development. Mr. Wey's comments on China related issues and capital market events are regularly quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Xinhua News, Reuters, International Herald Tribune, China Daily, Institutional Investor and many others.
Mr. Wey is a Visiting Professor of Finance at several universities and a Senior Economic Advisor to several Chinese cities. In addition to his services at New York Global Group, Mr. Wey has several other responsibilities:
- Executive Director, Foreign Investment Committee of the Investment Association of China, an affiliated entity of China's National Development & Reform Commission.
- Deputy Director, China Mergers & Acquisitions Association.
- International Advisor, China Association of Mayors.
- Visiting Professor of Finance, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
- Visiting Professor of Finance, China University of Petroleum.
- Senior Economic Advisor to several Chinese cities, including Tianjin Port Free Trade Zone and the city of Dongying, home to China's second largest oil field.
Mr. Wey possesses extensive international business experience, broad contacts and in-depth cultural familiarity as a Wall Street expert on China. He has appeared in numerous feature stories on magazine covers including China Capital Markets, China Economic Weekly among others. In 2006, Mr. Wey provided leadership to the establishment of a 120 student elementary school in China benefiting farmers' kids. Mr. Wey came to the United States as a teenager on a Valedictorian and Full Scholarship. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and an MBA in Finance.